This blouse version fits pretty well except that I once again forgot to trim the neckline to 1/4 inch for the collar application. After that fiasco I made a new pattern piece with a 1/4 inch seam allowance instead of relying on my memory to trim the 5/8 allowance down to 1/4 inch. Because there is no way I am going to rip out a collar and stand after it is all topstitched, I will just live with this. It is not too noticeable anyway. Madam Merp the duct-tape double (of someone else) fits into these shirts sort of, but they really look much better on me.
This fabric is thicker than the usual cotton and is some sort of blend. Not sure if it was a remnant or if it is a leftover piece from dresses I made for my daughter and her cousin for my sister-in-law’s wedding about 20 years ago. It is really nice fabric so I felt good about using it for something I will enjoy wearing.
In the works is Shirt No. 6, which has a back yoke that continues over the shoulder onto the front a little bit, a pleat in the back, and a collar and stand with a narrower stand. All this pattern drafting is fun and wanting to see how the pattern will work out jump starts the sewing mojo.
Shirt No.2, the rust-colored cotton with princess seams, was finished and looked fine on the hanger but for some reason didn’t look especially good on me. My sister came to visit and I had her try it on. She has nice broad shoulders that make the clothes she wears look good, and the shirt was no exception so it went home with her.