The gray blouse is waiting for A to try it on, so in the meantime I decided to reduce the stack of fabric in the sewing room. I grabbed two lengths of fleece that I bought for pillowcases for the long body pillow, and before I could lose steam I had sewed up two of them. Then I caught sight of the ziplock with the other cut-out grocery bags I had intended to make last year (three of them got finished last year and are now in the car) and sewed up three more bags. Now if only I could remember to take some into the store with me when I shop.
I got this fabric at the craft thrift shop last year or the year before. It was heavy for a shirt but just right for grocery bags. These bags are the same size and shape as the brown paper grocery bags.
There have been some pictures online of a certain type of Japanese apron that crosses in the back and has no ties. I looked them up on pinterest:
I used to have some Daisy Kingdom patterns with a similar shape, or rather, I still do but don’t feel like going through boxes and bins looking for them, but this pattern (Simplicity 1133) was more accessible: