Getting down to the home stretch with this work shirt for A. We’ll skip quickly over the part where I forgot to trim the neck seamline down to 1/4 inch to match the collar I was using, but that I remembered before I did the topstitching. I was able to rip that collar off, trim the neckline, and put the collar back on. Didn’t take as long as I expected.
This is the same shirt pattern we worked so hard to fit to A last year, but that pattern has a lot of darts, and sewing darts is not my favorite thing. I changed it to a shoulder princess incorporating the closer-fitting darts. If it meets with A’s approval, I can really crank these shirts out, mojo permitting. It is fun to use a contrast but coordinating lining for the collar, stand, and cuffs.
The weather here has been rainy (hooray!) but is very cold this week. The violets are blooming in the front yard but I haven’t seen any almond trees in bloom yet. Some years they bloom in late January, but not this year.