Lots and lots of sewing is happening over here, but not much photography until today. I still need to take pictures of the brown shirt/jacket, and I am almost finished with another fleece vest. It is very nice to finish up a fleece project because the fleece is very bulky in fabric form so using it up makes a satisfying reduction in your stash. I made a fleece vest from this old pattern that dates back to the early 1990’s.
The vest I made from this pattern years ago was for my daughter, but she never wore it much. I kept it for myself and love wearing it on cold mornings all winter, so it seemed a good idea to make several more. This fleece is also from the deep stash so it is nice to finally use it up. It required lots of pattern matching, but the fabric cooperated this time and didn’t give me too much trouble.
The old vest has facings made of broadcloth, but I couldn’t find any fabric in this same green, so I just used the same fleece to see if that would work. It worked very well as long as the fleece is interfaced. The last time I sewed with fleece I swore I never would again because the fabric was slippery and hard to work with. I must have better skills now because it didn’t give me any trouble at all.
There’s only the final top stitching to do on the next vest. After sewing so many shirts, it’s definitely a nice change to put in a zipper instead of all those buttonholes. I hope to make about 6 of these vests because they are an addition to the wardrobe that will get lots of wear.