Still working on the pumpkiny-colored 3/4-sleeve blouse, but only have the hem and buttons left to do. In the meantime, work continues on a casual unlined jacket pattern for myself. To get to my goal, several patterns have contributed parts to make the pattern for the jacket I wanted.
This old pattern is my starting point. I wanted to improve the fit on this so used it as my first try using the Sure-Fit Designs System.
After refining the fit, I looked at several jacket photos to see what style collar and sleeves were needed.
So, I wanted 3/4 or long sleeves, a collar, and princess seams. In order to turn the bodice with darts into a princess-seam bodice, I used this book which has very good instructions on how to do this. I love this book and use it often.
There were several old patterns in the stash that had collars that might work but for a first try this is the winner:
The collar pattern has the look of the jackets in the photos and the long sleeve has a dart and looks slim enough, though you can never tell for sure from a drawing. I measured the neckline of my bodice and adjusted the collar to fit, then grafted the sleeve onto my SFD sleeve cap. Don’t know yet how it will work, but it will be fun to try it out. At least I know the basic shape fits me.