I mentioned that I have been cutting out bibs to replace the ones that have left the Baby Gift Box to become shower gifts. This week I had some free time so I used it to sew up a few. I absentmindedly cut the first one out upside down:
I decided that this way the baby can look down and recognize a fire engine, so it’s all good. This is a pre-quilted fabric I bought as a remnant, and the back is cute, too, so the bib can be reversible.
The bindings are double thickness, cut from an IKEA Dvala sheet, and they are very soft and comfy. Back in the day, a few years ago, you could buy the IKEA sheets separately, so I have several twin sheets I use to make aprons and binding. I also picked up some fabric remnants with a sea turtle print and a panda print, and these will be nice for boy baby gifts along with these fire engine bibs. I have quite a lot of fire engine fabric, it turns out.
I am never skimpy with the velcro because it keeps the baby from easily pulling the bib off. I buy the velcro by the yard (2″ width) and cut the pieces myself crosswise, slightly rounding the corners so sharp points won’t hurt the baby.