The shirt was finished except for the buttons and the spouse tried it on. Here’s my list of alterations:
1. Add width to the fronts (About 1 7/16″ on each side. I don’t know why the two fronts added together were so much narrower than the back.
2. I traced the side vent wrong, so fix that.
3. Change seam allowances of the armholes and the sleeve top to try this technique:
UPDATE: I’m going to be using this on all his shirts because it looks great and is fairly easy to do.
4. Enlarge neckline slightly and lower front neckline 1″.
5. Enlarge collar and stand patterns so they fit the new neckline.
6. The pocket is a bit small so use the pocket from another pattern.
I like to get up early and do the finicky pattern work because then the day starts and it’s like it never even happened. Also, it’s cooler in the sewing room then.
This week has involved lots of time in the kitchen. I made plum jam, apricot jam, pickle relish, and three big batches of pesto. Not bad for a drought year. We used to have a big apricot tree, but it blew down in a storm about 20 years ago. This is the first year we have had enough apricots to make a batch of jam in a long time.