Time to make a practice garment for New Look 6871. This is the second muslin, and the hope is that it will be a wearable muslin. Instead of making a plain garment, I did a little free-motion embroidery on the yoke. It’s been some months since I did this kind of embroidery, maybe even a year, so I am a little rusty at it, but nothing some practice won’t cure.
This is a plain green cotton I got at the the thrift store in Sebastopol. It will make a nice cool summer top, if it fits correctly. I am using a heavier than usual cotton thread for the embroidery. I like the textured look it gives, and the price was right. They had lots of these big 9600-yard cones at the thrift shop, and since it was 50% off day, my cost was only $2.50 each. That’s a lot of thread.
Tomorrow, I’ll cut out the rest of the top and get started on the sewing.