The new project under construction is New Look 6871, a top with a curved top yoke. It seems to be a little more fitted than other peasant tops, so I decided to give it a try. First I had to do the alterations using the pivot and slide method, then I cut out this first practice version from a piece of cotton that I found at the thrift store. M is coming over tonight to try it on. This pattern could look nice with embroidery on the yoke, but first we have to see how it looks on her. This is a very easy pattern to sew. I was rushing to finish most of it for the evening try-on, thinking that I would be sewing on it most of the day, but I was finished by 8:30 this morning, leaving me lots of time to go plant more beans in the garden.
The garden is growing very fast this year. We were very late planting it but it seems to be making up for that with rapid growth. I picked the first cucumber this morning.
None of the zinnias are blooming yet, but the basil is ready for the first batch of pesto. In addition to basil, I planted beans, squashes, beets, peas, and onions. And tomatoes. I almost forgot them because they are planted behind the shed.
This is my 400th post! In celebration, I think I will go make some spaghetti.