Today I’m making a start on the batik blouse made from New Look 6027. I tried a new method for sewing in the yoke/inset, and I won’t be using that method again because it was a little iffy. I was trying to get away with doing a little less hand sewing, but that didn’t happen and was too finicky. Well, I’ll just have to think of something else.
Now that the embroidery machine is working again, I tried out two new designs. The first one is from Oregon Patch Works and is called Floral Dreams.
This design is light and airy without the extremely dense embroidery the robots had and that my machine doesn’t seem to like. My daughter said she loves the robot curtains and will send me a picture when she gets around to it. Anyway, I really like Floral Dreams and think it would look great on garments without distorting the fabric too much.
The following CD of mini designs has been very useful:
I have used the heart on a girl’s dress, and you can see that the size and variety is great for many applications. Today I tried out the butterfly:
After a busy week, it is nice to spend all day today sewing, though I may take a break and make a cake for the spouse.