It’s still wild out in the backyard, but we are pulling weeds and getting started on the plants.
I finally set up the little greenhouse whose original cover has rotted away, so I covered it with some clear plastic and fashioned a little window using the ever-useful duct tape.
There are not too many plants started yet but I try to start a few flats of plants every other day or so. So far I have tomatoes, peppers, winter squash, cucumbers, basil, and resurrection lilies, plus two six packs of flowers I bought at the hardware store.
In sewing news, I have two tops cut out that I am ready to start sewing. This came about when I ran across two interesting pieces of fabric during the sewing room cleanup that I cut out right away and work on when I am tired of going through my stash. So far in my destashing adventure, I have gone through most of my boxes of patterns and have weeded out four boxes full of styles I will never sew. I took two boxes to the thrift store, and they were delighted to get them. I’ll pick a different thrift store for the next batch to spread around the largess. My plans are to move my cutting table into the sewing room turning the guest room back into a guest room. In order for this to happen, I have to store my mountains of fabric somewhere else. I’m still working on a plan.