Not sure the top looks exactly right on Madame Merp, but at least you can get an idea of how it turned out. I put a line of stitching around the front opening for reinforcement and used a button and loop closure. Who would have thought that there would be a small coral-colored button in the button box right when I needed one?
The pattern doesn’t really have a seam down the front of the gathered section, but I forgot to put the pattern on the fold when I cut it out. The fabric for this top was a Dvala sheet from IKEA, and it certainly was easy to sew. I’m lucky I stocked up on IKEA sheets before they stopped offering the flat sheets separately.
Next on the project list are the curtains for A’s new house kitchen. She bought some canvas curtains that were too long and too plain so she wanted them hemmed and embroidered with robots in colors to match her retro/vintage kitchen. I have the curtains cut to the proper length and have downloaded the robots to the embroidery card and printed off the templates. I just have to plan the placement and get started with the embroidery.