The aprons I usually make have measurements taken from an old book and from some aprons we got at a craft sale in Virginia. I wrote about them here:
Now I would like to have an apron with a bit more coverage, so I drafted up a new one to try:
The pocket on the apron just calls out for some embroidery or decoration so it is a good chance to try out a new embroidery design. This one is from Oregon Patch Works.
Here’s my little machine stitching away on the design:
So far, the pocket is sewn and attached (so much faster to work with corners instead of curves), and the ties are being hemmed.I don’t know yet how big a hem I am going to put at the bottom edge since the sheet I cut it from already had a finished edge and I may just leave that the way it is. Usually, the apron would have about a 2″ hem.
If this one works out, I’ll have to whip up one for Christmas, too.