There’s a lot of topstitching on this shirt, and I’ll probably do the same to shirts I make in the future because it gives a nice smooth line and easy pressing. The IKEA sheet fabric is easy to work with. The pattern started out as New Look 6628, but it has gone through so many changes that it no longer looks anything like that pattern. It is now the TNT work shirt pattern for A, and this is the second final version I have made with the shoulder princess seams. I like princess seams much better than darts. Looking at the picture, I see a strange bubble or tuck in the left cuff, so I went to look at the shirt, and it doesn’t exist in real life but is just a strange photo blip.
The original collar pattern was a little too pointy so I squared the fronts up a little, and now they are easier to turn and look better, too.The side seams are pressed open and stitched down, and the side vent is 3 1/2 inches long. I have a plastic template from the office supply store that I use for the triangles topping the vent.
All in all, the shirt turned out very well and it will be interesting to see how the sheet fabric wears and washes. Photographing my projects turns out to be useful (and sometimes funny) because I often see things in the pictures that I didn’t see in real life, like extra threads that need to be snipped off.
Still thinking about what to sew next.