Gave Simplicity 2939 another try. The Green version was OK, though M thought it was a little tight across the back, but still wearable. I made alterations on the pattern and pondered the front darts. I just couldn’t get those darts to fit correctly after I made the initial FBA, so this time I turned them into tucks. I am not sure I like this either, so my next try will be to change the dart into princess seams. That should work.
This blouse is made from some quilting cotton I got for a shirt for A, but she wasn’t fond of the print. It has been languishing in the stash for about a year, which is a really short time for fabric languishing. I was in a hurry to see if this version fit so I just added lace and button trim without any embroidery.