New Look 6027 has turned into a TNT pattern for M, and she wants several of this pretty blouse. I have a sleeveless version cut out of some leftover Indian cotton and am working on a white embroidered version today. I have made some changes to the pattern: the neckline was too wide so I fixed that, I think I raised the front neckline a little, and now I have a new version with a small placket in the back and no opening at the center front neck.
This embroidery design is from Oregon PatchWorks and is called ‘Elegant Florals 4’. The OPW site has a nice Search function that makes it easy to find designs as long as you know the name.
My placement is getting better as long as I plan it out and mark the fabric with water-soluble lines showing the center point of each design. The BuzzSize program was used to create mirror images of the designs. I’m still experimenting with designs to fit the yoke, but M isn’t too picky which gives me the freedom to try all sorts of new techniques and embroidery designs. I am enjoying the machine embroidery a lot, and the speed is amazing. All this embroidery was done in one afternoon. My husband likes it because I can have a stash that takes up no room whatsoever since the embroidery designs are stored on the computer or on a skinny little CD.
This machine embroidery adventure is causing me to learn lots of new computer skills, too. Just yesterday I burned my first CD since I never had any reason to do that before. I like to have backup for my embroidery designs in case our aged computer gives up the ghost.