Some things about this version of A’s shirt are working and some aren’t. I changed the darts to princess seaming, but the back didn’t look right, since it belled out a bit. When I redrafted the back, I moved the back darts closer to the side seam and this made the side back panel narrower, and now the back looks a lot better. The sleeves had too much cap ease, so I had to read several books to figure out how to decrease this. Now the shirt is looking pretty good. I still have to put in the other sleeve, sew on both cuffs, hem it, and sew buttonholes.
Someone asked me how I put the placket into the back of a dress or for a sleeve cuff, so I looked around and found this tutorial that shows a method similar to mine:
I cut the fabric strip about 2′ wide for a dress placket, and cut the opening about 4-5″ long.