Another dress made from Butterick 4434, this time with a zipper instead of buttons. The fabric is a lightweight denim that I had leftover from a skirt I made for A. I couldn’t find any matching fabric for the bodice lining so I went with a hot pink to match one of the colors in the embroidery. The pink lining fabric is actually cut from a sheet from Target that was on sale a few weeks ago. I think the twin set had a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and a pillowcase all for about $12 or so, so the fabric was a bargain.
Since there was a zipper, I didn’t want to use a hook and eye so put on the usual tab and button. I found the perfect button to match the flowers in the embroidery and sewed it on with yellow thread for the flower center.
I had fun making the dresses, but the little-girl-sewing mojo has vanished, so now I am going to start working on the business shirts for my scientist daughter. The dresses have been packed up and will be on their way to their recipient next month sometime.