Not every project is a success. I have (had) many yards of a pretty lavender knit, and I thought I would try making a little dress. I cut a piece to embroider a butterfly on for the bodice, only to have my embroidery machine clog up for the first time. Oh well, it was time for me to learn how to clean out the bobbin area anyway. Then it did it again in spite an iron-on stabilizer and many precautions. I gave up the idea of using the embroidery machine on this knit and changed to a lace and woven braid trim, and then my regular sewing machine got bogged down with the fabric. Now I decided that the fabric was to blame, so I cut the trim off the bodice, and discarded everything. The fabric was definitely a headache waiting to happen, and I wasn’t going to wait until it broke my machines to give up. So I spent the day creating an annoying wadder, but that happens in sewing. It is best to just think of something new to make and move on.
However, I do have a pretty piece of trim all assembled as the result of this adventure, so I am looking around for some nice, easy-to-sew cotton to attach it to.