This machine embroidery is addictive. I have been practicing different designs and working on the new Mexican peasant blouse a little.
Here’s the front yoke all cut out and ready to go. I am not sure what fabric this is. At first I thought it was an IKEA sheet, but now I am thinking it is some cotton yardage I had in the stash.
The sewing machine shop sold me an embroidery card and told me it would work in my machine, but not so much. Fortunately, I found that when I loaded the program into my Buzzbox, I could transfer the designs to that card and make it work for me. The designs above are from Brother Card #23.
This morning glory design is one of the designs that are programmed into the machine. My daughter has a really pretty morning glory variety that blooms at her place every year, so I am going to put this design on a shirt for her using the deep blue/hot pink colors of her morning glories.
Last year I made a shirt for A for which I made about 3 muslins until I got it to fit well. I have finally finished a pattern for a first-try collar and stand and 3/4 sleeves with gusset and cuffs, so I am ready to cut that out. I decided not to try fixing up another pattern for her since it was so much work fixing this one up, so I will just use other patterns to get the different styles I may want to try and frankenstein them onto this shirt pattern. The original pattern had darts, but I changed it to princess seamlines, so I need to see if that works.