Here’s my first attempt at using more than one motif, rehooping and trying to get the designs to end up in the right place. Not too bad, but room for improvement. Now that the embroidery is done, I can cut out the blouse pieces and start sewing it together. It really is fun to produce colorful embroidery in a day instead of two weeks of hand embroidery. I still like the free-motion embroidery but this is really fun.
I found out that the sewing machine shop in the next town has Embroidery Take-Out. This is a big catalog, and instead of having to buy a CD of set designs, you can pick and choose the ones you want, and they download it onto a CD for you. I got a bunch of Japanese crest designs which are great as decoration with an Asian flair, but it also includes a lot of flower designs I can use on the peasant blouses. I also need to get some kind of embroidery design transfer system so that I can download the CD designs onto the computer and then transfer them to a card for my machine. I know my machine is elderly, tech-wise, but it seems to work great and I like it a lot.