The front band turned out pretty well, and it completely covers up the white rectangles at the selvage.
We are trying to come up with a plan to fit the Singer 404 in its cabinet and the new serger into the sewing room. As I feared, the only solution involves moving the Anaboda chest full of patterns over to the side a bit so the cabinet can fit into the corner. Unfortunately, that means I will have to empty the chest of the hundreds of patterns because it weighs a ton. Once we put the cabinet in the corner, I can put another sewing machine on top of it and put the serger on the long long desk. We have to hurry to do this because I don’t want to forget everything I learned at my serger lesson this week. I had never sewn on one before, but it looks like it is going to be terrific.