When we drove down to San Diego for my husband’s conference, we stopped at a little town along the Grapevine. I think the town was called Lebec. There is an antique store there that is just full of great stuff. They had a pink sewing machine near the door that I was thinking about, because, really, a PINK sewing machine! I would like an aqua sewing machine, too, but somehow it doesn’t seem like a wise use of limited funds to buy sewing machines because of their color. Anyway, I asked the woman there if there were any vintage patterns, and she gave me a pack of 5 patterns which sold for about $10, which was an inexpensive $2 each. Here are the patterns that were included:
The batik top is still unfinished, but once I can get the eldest daughter to try it on, it should be near completion. I also need to make a little cover for the sun flap/shield/visor in the car. When the car was brand new, someone’s husband, who shall not be named, had the visor sticking a little out of the side window when he tried to close the window, resulting in a smashed mirror. We never got around to replacing the visor, but have had it taped up with, what else, duct tape. It seems that duct tape is not what it used to be and the current batch of tape can’t stand the heat of the car and is sticky and curling. Makes you wonder how it is supposed to work on an actual duct. Anyway, I thought we could save what is sure to be near $100 to replace that visor by sewing a nice cover for it to cover up the useless duct tape and keep our hands from getting sticky when we adjust it. I have no idea how to go about this, since the visor is attached to the car, but I will think of something.