My next project will be for M, since The Year Of A is over now. M has always been a fan of the Duro-type top and dress, so I am making this top as a muslin for future garments. I’m using this McCall’s pattern:
I cut out View A. I got the batik at Fabrix a few years ago when we went there for a fabric shopping jaunt. I doubt if I will ever go there again, because the parking is horrendous in that neighborhood, but if you can Bart or public transportation your way there, it is worth the trip. If I lived over there I would haunt the place, but I do not enjoy the SF traffic. The batik had sections of different patterns including some border strips, so I had to plan the top out to avoid an unfortunate ‘bullseye’ disaster on the bodice and to use the border strips attractively. Here’s a view of the fabric:
The blouse is all cut out and I should start sewing it soon. Today I am making my dad a bunch of tortillas, so I have to go put in a book-on-tape and start rolling them out.