I pulled out another husband shirt with a worn out collar and remade it into another work shirt for A. I tried a different sleeve with about 1/2″ less cap ease, and it looks a little better, but I think I’ll take out about 1/4″ more from the front only.
This month has been all about UFOs so far. I finished off the navy blue camp shirt I found in the sewing room, and have even worn it once. Poor shirt had been waiting about 10 years to get finished, so it deserved an airing. Now I have found several cut-out shirts that I will finish up and give to my sister. They were originally supposed to be for A but she is not crazy about the prints anymore now that she has a job and needs more serious clothes. The shirts are all interfaced and ready to sew, and they have short sleeves so there will be no cuffs to bother with. I called my sister to see if the other shirt I gave her years ago made with this same pattern still fits, and yes it does.