I finished the red skirt, making it the first garment I have sewn on the old Kenmore in 12 or 15 years. It is an old machine, and the fixer man told me to go easy on the stitch regulator dial since they were unable to find a replacement knob and had to glue it to fix it. I decided to just have fun and use the machine with joy until it decides to pass on to its reward. It is an old friend and it was great to be using it again. I had to be inventive to get cone thread to work with it though. I ran the thread through the little loop on the bobbin winder and that worked great.
This skirt fabric is a decorator fabric and is about the weight of a denim. I didn’t line it except for the yoke, and I used a Hong Kong finish on the back seam because it was going to be pressed open for the zipper application.
As usual with an A-line skirt like this, I put the button tab in the back:
Today is a waffle day in which I waffle around trying to think of the next project.