My sewing has slowed down lately, but yesterday I made myself sit down and sew a few seams on the red Mexican top. I am now getting ready to put the bias binding on the neckline:
The yoke and the lining were seamed at the shoulders separately, then they were put together, wrong sides together. Usually I would have sewn around the neckline, too, but this time I am going to apply a bias binding. I sewed around the neckline on the seamline through both layers, then I trimmed the neckline almost to the stitching. Now I am pinning on the binding.
My daughter was here this weekend and tried on the dark red pencil skirt, and it fit very well. I guess the dressmaker dummy is thicker than my daughter through the waistline (overzealous stuffing of the duct-tape dummy) because I couldn’t even fasten the waistband on the dummy, which worried me. She has worn the skirt already and likes it very much.
There is a sale going on at JoAnn’s and the buttons are half off. I stopped in yesterday and bought a few to add to the stash.