I am waiting for a measurement from the younger daughter before I can get started on the pajamas. The last time I made a commercial pattern in her size, I ended up having to take about 4″ total off the sides because it was cut so big. No need to reinvent the wheel, so I have asked her to measure the bottom width of those PJ tops and tell me what it is. This is why it is important to make notes on the pattern as you sew, or at least transfer the alterations to the paper pattern before you forget what you did. I forgot to do either one of those things.
While I wait, I am making another lingerie camisole, this time in the ‘champagne’ color. I actually had some lingerie lace that might work. It sometimes pays to be a packrat, since I have had that lace for about 35 years.
Here’s the camisole all cut out and ready to sew. I am going to finish the armhole and neckline edges with shell stitching and use the lace to mask the empire seam and to hold the seam allowance down.
We are having a string of winter storms which is very good for our drought situation. My husband and I turned out to be very good at being water misers and even produced a good summer garden in spite of the restrictions. We are also finding that our utility bills are substantially lower after we got the window replacement and got a new fridge. I guess that 30-yr-old fridge was not very energy efficient.