My daughter came for a weekend visit and tried on the red camisole. It fit perfectly except that the armholes were a little high, so I altered the pattern, lowering the armholes 1/2 inch. The next camisole is finished:
I have another one of these cut out in a pale blue cotton knit, but I like to take a break when making several of the same pattern, since I get tired of sewing the same thing over again.
I went to the JoAnn sale and picked up some cute flannels.
I like sewing on flannel since it is so easy to manipulate and control. I have a TNT pajama pattern that I use for my younger daughter, but when I got the pattern out, the altered pattern for the pajama pants was missing. Tracing out patterns is not my favorite thing to do, so I spent a little time searching for the pattern in a few other patterns I have recently used for the same daughter, and I actually found it! I need to prewash the fabric but can’t get to the garage to do wash yet because the workmen are still all over the backyard.
My daughter had a good idea while she was here. She wanted to mark the dressmaker dummy so that I would know when necklines were too low or too wide. We were afraid to use permanent marker because it might transfer itself to garments, so we got the bright idea to use black electrical tape to form the outline of straps, neckline and armhole. It looks a little strange on Betty but will be very useful.