This blouse was made from one of the IKEA sheets. Being sheeting, it seems to get wrinkled easier than fabric made for clothing, but it is 100% cotton so should be cool to wear. I think it was easier to embroider on the dishtowels, and those towels had a nice drape and comfortable feel to them. I am wondering if the sheeting wouldn’t be better for aprons and such.
I sewed a row of pin stitching around the neckline, then widened the holes created by the stitching a little bit with an awl, then crocheted a border onto the neckline. I used a new kind of crochet thread: Aunt Lydia’s Bamboo Crochet Thread. It was softer than the usual cotton thread, so will be comfortable around the neck. I liked working with it, and it will be interesting to see if it holds up well to wear.
Here’s the little placket I put in the back yoke so that the blouse would have enough room to pull over the head. I cut this version of the top a lot narrower so that it would have a slimmer line. I think I took a total of 4 or 5 inches out of the fabric width at the bustline and hip.
I am now working on one of the younger daughter’s dress shirts that fits her well. She got a stain on it that couldn’t be removed, so I am ripping the shirt apart to take the pattern from it. I thought that the ripping would be an easy job, but all I can say about that is that it is one of the best constructed shirts I have ever run into. It is taking lots of effort to deconstruct.