The clothespin apron is all finished. My version is a little more squat than the illustration, but that was determined by the amount of fabric I had left from the curtains I had made. I made the outer edge extra strong by stitching it twice and then zigzagging it, all of which is covered by the bias tape. I think the ties need to be a little longer, but I didn’t have enough fabric to do that, and it works fine.
I have never been very good at bias tape application, but I just might be getting much better at it. This is the best I have ever done. I didn’t even have to go back and stitch down by hand any areas the topstitching missed. I decided yesterday that the center top pocket area needed to be narrower, so I made the pocket curve in about 1″ more on each side. I placed the gathers only in the side areas and not across the top of the pocket. I was pleased at the way the apron turned out, it will be very useful, and all the materials were from the stash.