Well, I had a length of lovely, creamy yellow cotton so I decided to make another peasant top for A. I wanted to do a different front closure, some different kind of placket, and I hunted through my old patterns until I found a pattern with the placket in the center front to use as a guide. I did the machine embroidery in white, but the fabric was too light to let the stitching show very well. I was wondering how to make the design show up better and got the idea to use paint to fill in the embroidery.
Here’s a closeup showing the stitching and the painting filling in the design.
Today the placket goes in , then all that is left are the side seams and hems.