I finished the new top, made from a rayon crinkle crepe. This pattern, Simplicity 2933, may not look too great on a hanger, but drapes very nicely on the body. I traced the embroidery design onto the Tear Easy and then attached the Tear Easy to the back of the fabric. I used free motion embroidery to trace the lines of the design which fastened the stabilizer to the fabric and gave me lines on the front side for the embroidery.
From the front side, I restitched the design using a narrow zigzag as shown in the photo below.
The next time I sew this pattern, it will probably be easier because it was difficult to handle this slippery fabric, especially for setting in the sleeves next to the yoke.
I did get the pillow case made, but it is in the laundry today. I discovered that when you don’t really feel like sewing, a pillowcase is easy to sew and really gives you a sense of accomplishment, jumpstarting the sewing mojo.
Next up is a handbag for the daughter who is going to Disneyland soon and needs a zippered purse.