I’ve already started on the next top. I found an embroidery pattern that had a continuous line, like a quilting pattern, and adapted it to the shape of the yoke on Simplicity 2933. M likes the dress on the right, but for a first try, we are shortening it to top length. I wanted to try out some stabilizer that I just got, Tear Easy by Sulky. I traced out the embroidery design onto the stabilizer and stitched the line of the design in free-motion embroidery. Now I am going over the stitched line with zigzag stitch.
Here’s the wrong side of the yoke piece showing the stabilizer. I think it is working very well so far.
I am using the yellow thread because it matches a pair of M’s shoes.