Finally finished this one today and M is stopping by on the way home from work to pick it up. I love the way the colors came out, though M would prefer to have the extra designs on the body of the blouse (the middle and side designs). I was too tired of applique to do any additional work though.
I put two motifs on the back yoke for visual interest and used blanket stitch instead of crochet around the neckline and bottoms of the yokes.
For the next one, I think I am going to try a commercial pattern. I am also going to try machine ‘thread painting’ to learn a new embroidery technique. I looked in the manual for my old machine, and there is a plate to put over the feed dogs to make the embroidery possible. I checked to see if I had the plate, and I do.
I haven’t chosen the embroidery design yet, but first I have to find my fabric, packed away during the window replacement.