It took longer than I thought to get the rooms back in order. We are still hauling books from the storage unit back to the house. Today we unloaded 8 big boxes of books and put them back on the shelves. I have my sewing machine back in its place and ready to go. The first thing I am going to sew is the pajama tops for A. I got a new cabinet for my patterns from Ikea, but it is still in the box waiting to be assembled.
One nice thing about being forced to go through all the books is finding things you forgot you had. I found a book on pattern alteration, The Sew/Fit Manual, and a book on pattern grading. I must have picked those up at library book sales because I didn’t remember I had them at all. I am also trying to thin down the fabric stash, and donated several boxes of fabric to a church mission to Mexico, but it hardly put a dent in the overall amount in the sewing room. I am going to have to be more ruthless or sew faster.