I found a bag full of embroidery threads stashed on the sewing room shelves. These must be the haul from some sale in the past, so I took a picture of them next to the cotton thread.
After sewing all the stems and leaves using a hoop and Solvy, I decided to try a flower using the leaf stitch and others. You can see the remnants of the Solvy. I am practicing the satin stitch which I have never been good at, but hopefully will get better. I did find a stitch to use for the stems, and though tricky to stitch, it turns out nicely if I pay attention instead of speeding along in my usual way.
I like the way this blue flower turned out with the scallop stitch around the center. I filled in the flower centers with chain stitch done by hand.