My daughter, M, asked for an apron for Christmas since she frequently has dish duty where she lives. She likes monkeys, so I found a fabric with monkeys on it in a decorator fabric.
This is the plain apron trimmed with a monkey from a fabric sample that I had been saving. The fabric for the apron is a decorator cotton, and the pattern is my usual apron with the side tabs, except that I made one side with buttonholes and button making it easy to take on and off.
The pattern is the same for the red apron. I cut my own bias bindings out of the green fabric. I like making aprons out of decorator fabric because they protect well and hold up to many washings. We have a nice discount fabric store here that carries beautiful decorator fabrics, sometimes for only $1 or $2 a yard in the sale section.
I have a few sewing resolutions for the new year, the same ones I have for my knitting:
1. Buy whatever fabric I want when I want it (budget permitting)
2. Make whatever project I feel like, when I want to, or put it aside when I want to
3. Have no, absolutely no, stash guilt
4. Make two or three dressy blouses
5. Try not to get caught in an avalanche in the sewing room
Happy New Year!