Here is the dressform, all finished. I stuffed it with shredded newspapers, covering myself and a perfectly good pair of rubber gloves with black ink, and making a very heavy dressform. I am pleased with it, and it measures nearly exactly right. Now I just have to use it. At the very least, it will give me something to model completed garments on. I also need to name it. Since the most famous dressform I know of is Madame-the-bust in the Moffett books, I guess I will name it Madame Merp for reasons obvious to my daughter. So here is Madame Merp wearing the navy blue T-shirt I finished recently. The shirt is from an old Butterick pattern that I fussed with until it looked Ok on me. I changed the neckline to a bound edge because I really like the way it looks. I have made about a dozen and a half of these shirts for a work-related reason. There was a creepy guy at my office who looked down ladies’ shirts and viewed disgusting internet sites on his computer. Why he wasn’t hustled out of employment I will never know, as his proclivities were widely known. Anyhow, I liked to wear these t-shirts under all my shirts to obstruct the view, so to speak.
This last photo is of Butterick 2305, a lucky thrift-store find. For 25 cents I got an old shirt pattern that is just my husband’s size. He likes his shirts to be 100% cotton, so I should sew him some. I like the collar with the stand and the full button front